We always wait for a problem with our heating systems before calling a technician to take a look at it. But what happens when your furnace or boiler fails on a cold and chilly evening when the temperature is freezing? You might not be able to call a heating maintenance service in Fairfield for help if there is heavy snowfall and roads are blocked!
What is preventative maintenance?
This is where preventative maintenance will be of immense help – tackle the issues before they arise. You have spent hard-earned cash to install the heating systems, so you need to make sure they are functioning efficiently. All you have to do is get a technician specializing in HVAC installation (Fairfield) to check the equipment on a regular basis, identify potential problems, and take care of subsequent repairs (if any). This way you don’t have to hire someone each time there is trouble with the heating system, and you save money in the process too.
What does it involve?
A thorough inspection of heating systems includes the following steps:
- Checking the air filter – At times, the filters might get clogged due to dirt, dust, and debris accumulating inside them. If required, these filters will be changed right away so that airflow is unimpaired.
- Keeping tabs on gas pressure – Did you know that gas pressure set too high or too low above the acceptable range can cause the entire unit to malfunction? It is vital that the pressure is set in a way that doesn’t put the occupants in your home at risk.
- Are the burners working properly? When it comes to furnaces or boilers, the burners often pose a fire hazard. It is necessary to check that burners are kept clean and in working order.
- The operating pressure is responsible for regulating the temperature inside the system. Routine inspections will reveal if the pressure is adequate or not, and subsequent measures are implemented to ensure there are no further difficulties.
- A noise-spewing boiler or furnace is extremely irritating, even more so, if it happens constantly. The blower motor bearings are checked to see if the sound is originating from there, and steps are taken accordingly.
- Even a top-notch heating system is susceptible to leakage of some kind. In that case, it poses a threat for your family as well as property, which makes preventative maintenance for winter all the more crucial.
Get in touch with a qualified expert in HVAC installation (Fairfield) before winter sets in, so any replacement of parts or cleaning can be completed to avoid bigger problems later on.